Central government has launched biodegradable sanitary napkins “Suvidha” on International Women’s Day. Govt. will provide oxo-biodegradable sanitary pads to women at Rs. 2.50 per pad at Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana Kendras. These sanitary napkin will remain available in packs of four pads priced at Rs. 10 across 3200 Janaushadi centres. Accordingly, this biodegradable pad will promote Swachhta, Swasthya and Suvidha for poor women.
These affordable sanitary pads will promote menstrual hygiene and easy to dispose which will keep environment clean. Subsequently, these Suvidha Pads will remain available at all Janaushadi centres from 28 May 2018 (World Menstrual Hygiene Day).
Furthermore, this is a major initiative to provide quality drugs at affordable prices to people under Jan Aushadi Pariyojana. Central govt. has also launched Stree Swabhiman Initiative.
Biodegradable Sanitary Pads – PM Bhartiya Jan Aushadi Pariyojana
The important features and highlights of these sanitary napkins are as follows:-
- Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemical and Fertilizers has introduced Suvidha sanitary pads.
- These oxi-biodegradable sanitary napkins are priced at just Rs. 2.5 per pad.
- Subsequently, these sanitary napkins comes in a packet of 4 pads for Rs. 10. Moreover, these pads will help under-privileged women as average price of packet is Rs. 32.
- Accordingly, govt. will provide these pads through 3200 Janaushadi centers from 28 May 2018.
- The primary objective of PM Bhartiya Janaushadi Pariyojana scheme aims is to empower rural women.
Women across the country are demanding to waive off 12% GST on sanitary pads, so the central govt. has launched these oxi-pads. Accordingly, this is a major initiative towards “Waste to Wealth Management”.
National Family Health Survey 4 – Reports
As per the reports of National Family Health Survey-4 of FY 2015-16, around 58% young women between 15 and 24 years of age still use cloth for menstrual protection. Accordingly, NFHS-4 also reveals that 42% young women uses sanitary napkins and 16% uses pads manufactured locally.
Moreover, around 78% women in urban areas use hygienic sanitary napkins while only 48% women in rural areas uses clean sanitary napkins. Other sanitary pads available in the market are non-biodegradable while these are bio-degradable which will ensure clean environment.
The post Biodegradable Sanitary Pads at Rs. 2.5 – Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadi Pariyojana appeared first on Sarkari Yojana.