New Delhi, Feb 1 (IANS) Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Thursday introduced the launch of the Gobar Dhan scheme to handle and convert cattle dung and strong water into compost and bio-fuel.
Jaitley stated the scheme was a part of the federal government’s effort to make villages open defecation free and enhance the lives of villagers.
The Galvanizing Natural Bio-Agro Sources Dhan (Gobar Dhan) “will handle and convert cattle dung and strong waste in farms to compost, bio-gas and bio-CNG”, the Minister stated.
He additionally introduced that 187 tasks had been sanctioned below the Namami Gange Programme for infrastructure improvement, reverse floor cleansing, rural sanitation and different interventions at a value of Rs 16,713 crore.
He stated 47 of those tasks have been accomplished and the remaining tasks had been at varied phases of execution.
“All four,465 Ganga Grams villages on the financial institution of the river have been declared open defecation free.”
The federal government had recognized 115 districts taking varied indices of improvement into consideration, aiming at bettering the standard of life in these districts by investing in social companies like well being, schooling, diet, talent up gradation, monetary inclusion and infrastructure like irrigation, rural electrification, potable ingesting water and entry to bathrooms at an accelerated tempo and in a time certain method.
These 115 districts are anticipated to turn into fashions of improvement, the Finance Minister stated.
Gobar Dhan Scheme
The essential options and highlights of this scheme are as follows:-
- Central Govt. has launched Galvanizing Natural Bio-Agro Sources Dhan (Gobar Dhan) Scheme to advertise the administration of cattle dung and reusing it.
- Subsequently, this scheme will contribute in direction of “Swachh Bharat Mission” and help make India ODF Free.
- Along with this, Gobar Dhan scheme will enhance the life of individuals residing in rural areas.
- Furthermore, farmers can make the most of this strong waste & cow dung on their farms and reuse it as compost, fertilizer, biogas and likewise as bio-fuel.
- Moreover, central govt. has additionally taken different choices to open varied well being and wellness centres in villages, enchancment of infrastructure for rural enterprise centres, higher connectivity between villages and cities and likewise centres for larger schooling.