The Government of India is planning to launch Market Assurance Scheme (MAS) to assist farmers throughout the nation each time costs of the crops drops beneath minimal help costs (MSP). The middle authorities shall be allocating a funds of Rs. 500 crores for a similar.
The target of the Market Assurance Scheme (MAS) is to strengthen the state procurement and make sure that the farmers undergo attributable to inefficiencies within the procurement system and in addition attributable to fall in market costs. The Agriculture Ministry is working together with the state authorities and developing with the preliminary draft of the scheme.
Market Assurance Scheme (MAS): Highlights
- A scheme to assist farmers when the costs of the crops fall beneath minimal help costs
- A corpus of Rs. 500 crores shall be created by the middle authorities for the MAS
- The state authorities shall be approved to determine on the procurement at MSP
- The states will procure crops if the precise costs fall beneath MSP each time notified by the middle authorities
- The middle authorities will present curiosity free capital to state for the procurement
- States will determine when to begin procurement
- States will procure crops by way of public/personal companies or central procurement companies
- States has the duty concerning the disposal of the procured crops
- Losses to the states shall be compensated by the middle authorities at most 40% of MSP, although simply 30% of the MSP shall be ok to cowl all of the losses in line with authorities
- Within the Himalayan and Northern area within the nation the middle authorities will compensate at 40% contemplating constraints of infrastructure and operations
- Rice and Wheat will not be lined underneath Market Assurance Scheme (MAS)
- At current they each are procured by Meals Company of India (FCI) and state companies underneath Value Help Scheme (PSS)
Different Vital Schemes:
- Schemes & subsidies for farmers: https://govinfo.me/beneficiaries/farmer/
- Scheme & subsidies by authorities of India: https://govinfo.me/schemes/govt-of-india/
The publish Market Assurance Scheme (MAS) to help farmers if prices of the crops falls below MSP, may be launched soon appeared first on KhojGuru.